Did you know that tomato sauce contains antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties? Let’s find out in detail!
Today, I introduce a recipe and efficacy of homemade tomato sauce with antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic effects.
Let’s make it together at home!
Tomato sauce with antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic effects
With the following 4 ingredients with healing effects, you can make a delicious and healthy sauce.
Did you know that tomatoes can help with cancer and aging? The lycopene in tomatoes inhibits the growth of cancer cells and balances the defense system.
It is recommended to choose organic products so that they do not contain pesticides or other harmful ingredients.
Garlic, which contains many beneficial ingredients for health, is especially effective when consumed raw.
- Promotes blood circulation and improves cardiovascular health.
- Detoxify the body.
- Protects the body from free radicals.
- Improve immunity
- Helps prevent neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
Red bell pepper
Red bell pepper also contains the above-mentioned lycopene , which has antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties and is rich in vitamin B complex and vitamin C. It is also said to be effective in preventing prostate cancer.
Cayenne pepper, which belongs to the same species as red bell pepper, also contains anti-carcinogenic properties.
Turmeric is one of the foods that provide anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anticancer and analgesic effects. It can be used in a variety of dishes such as stews, meats, vegetables, pasta, puddings, cookies, and cakes, so it is a must-have in your kitchen.
It is also a less expensive natural color than saffron and is more effective when used with black pepper.
Read Also: Honey Mustard Chicken Wings. Recipe
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 6 ripe tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Spices of your choice (turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, etc.)
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of sugar made from sugar cane
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
How to make tomato sauce
- First, mash the garlic.
- Cut the bell pepper into small pieces and fry in a pan.
- Tomatoes are washed and peeled.
- Put the tomatoes in a blender and grind well. If you don’t have a blender, try cutting them into small pieces.
- Put the roasted bell peppers and tomatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Add spices, sugar and salt.
- Boil for 45 minutes.
- Finally, add the crushed garlic.
- If any ingredients remain in the finished sauce, grind it once more.
You can add any vegetables or spices you like.
The finished sauce goes well with rice, pasta, and vegetables!
How to store tomato sauce
- Store in a closed glass container.
- You can keep it for a week if you put it in the refrigerator .
- You can keep it in the freezer for up to a month.